photo PLVlogoRev2copy-0_zps51684a25.png

April 29, 2015

Book Review - Station Eleven: A Novel

I've been in sort of a book funk lately. I very rarely start a book without finishing it but I've had a bad string of books that just don't carry me through all of the way.

This one was different. Station Eleven: A Novel by Emily St. John Mandel. 



There seems to be a current trend of post-apocalyptic novels out there - Hunger Games, Divergent, The Dog Stars (another favorite) but this one was a real page turner for me. 

The novel follows a traveling Shakespearean company in post-apocalyptic America while simultaneously navigating through flashbacks leading up to their current situation. I loved the ways the characters story lines were woven together - some were obvious but still interesting nonetheless.

Apparently TV and Film Rights were recently acquired and I can't wait to see how they adapt it from the book.

If you have read it, let me know what you think! And if not, any good book recommendations? I'm always on the hunt for my next favorite read!


No comments:

Post a Comment