photo PLVlogoRev2copy-0_zps51684a25.png

January 15, 2015

A Few New Favorite Things

Though I'm on a bit of a spending freeze now (just ignore that $20 receipt for sushi over there..), I thought I would share a few products I have tried over the past few months that I have really liked. Hopefully there is a little bit of something on here for everyone!


1 // Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - I have long been a fan of Smashbox primers. I'm pretty lucky that for the most part I stay blemish free, but my skin gets really oily and shiny. I've normally used the clear color Photo Finish primer which has a super soft, silky feel. After a friend suggested this though I decided to try it out. It doesn't have near as nice a texture as some of the other variations, but I definitely notice a difference in how my makeup stands up throughout the day. Even after applying my makeup at 7 in the morning, it lasts well into the night - which is great when you need that work to after hours transition!



2 // Yeti Ramblers - I first heard of these through work and I balked at the idea of a $35 tumbler. $35! For a stainless steel tumbler! But let me tell you what - these things are awesome. The perfect gift for the person who has everything. EH and I both received one for Christmas and they are awesome. EH made a whiskey drink in his around 8pm one night and the next afternoon it still had perfectly formed ice cubes and was barely watered down. Insane!

3 // eos Honeysuckle Lip Balm - No matter how hydrated I keep myself, my lips are perpetually dry and chapped, to the point of pain in the winter. I usually stick with good ole' Vaseline but I'm a sucker for a honeysuckle scent. This lip balm is light enough that it doesn't feel greasy, and the smell is awesome.

4 // Yeti Hopper - At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Yeti really knows how to make their stuff. I got this for EH as a YAY You Passed the PE/Christmas gift and he's still bragging about this thing. A ton easier to carry around than their hard cooler and it still holds the same amount of beer beverages. A small investment, but it comes with a guarantee!

5 // Hide a Squirrel Squeak Toy - This one's for the Dogs. Santa Paws brought this for Moose and I think it's officially approved. Though I'm almost positive these are chipmunks. Amp up your dog's agility, or watch them frustrate themselves until they pick up the entire toy and just carry it around.





6 // Blanket Scarf - I know I'm a bagillion days behind the super cool bloggers, but man do I love this thing. I ordered mine from Brina Box (two actually!) and they're just so convenient and pretty. I use one as a literal blanket in the mornings until my car heats up. EH goes the budget route and uses the living room throw.


Any new products you've found? Let me live vicariously through you as my spending freeze continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment